The Lee Building Industry Association (BIA) Builders Care announces an impressive board of directors that will guide the nonprofit agency in its mission to provide construction services at no cost to needy elderly, disabled and economically disadvantaged homeowners in Lee County. The team of volunteers recently reached a milestone with more than $2 million in construction services provided to Lee County homeowners in need since February 2006.
President of the board is Butch Ritter, president of Cape Coral Plumbing. This will be Ritter’s second term as president. He also has served on the Lee Building Industry Association board for several years. Other 2013 board members include:
- Vice president: Wendi Carroll, Carroll Properties
- Secretary: Chris Brasher, general manager of Ferguson Enterprises
- Treasurer: Annette Nilles, president of Nilles Design Group
- Immediate Past President: Bob Bassett, area president with BB&T
- Fred Barry, new home consultant, Lennar
- Steve Richards, vice president of Owen-Ames-Kimball Company
- Teri Hansen, APR, president of Priority Marketing
- Heather Mazurkiewicz, executive officer, Lee Building Industry Association
- Michael Reitmann, Integrity Construction
- Jimmy Rodgers, West Coast Structural Concrete & Masonry
- Mark Stevens, president Stevens Construction, Inc.
- Randy Thibaut, CEO of Land Solutions, Inc.
- Gregg S. Truxton, attorney with Bolaños Truxton, PA
“One hundred percent of the monies we raise stay right here in Lee County to assist local people in need,” says Butch Ritter, president of Lee BIA Builders Care. “I think this is why we continue to be blessed with continued support of the building industry and community.”
Builders Care provides home repair and renovation services to elderly and disabled Lee County residents by using donated materials and the volunteer services of local builders and BIA members. The Lee BIA started the program as a way for builders and their employees to unite and give back to the community. Builders Care completed its first project in March 2006, renovating the home of a severely disabled Pine Island man. Since then, Builders Care has completed 132 projects providing over $2 million in emergency construction services to Lee County homeowners in need.
The board will continue to assist Builders Care Executive Director Heidi Taulman and Project Assistant Olivia Rivera-Fears in selecting recipients for donated construction services, raising funds for projects, overseeing the agency’s operational and financial policies, and helping to plan and coordinate renovation projects.
Builders Care is the nonprofit charitable arm of the Lee Building Industry Association (BIA). Its objective is to provide emergency repairs and construction services to elderly, disabled and economically disadvantaged people who are unable to obtain home repairs through traditional means. Builders Care enlists the volunteer services of Lee BIA members and leverages grants and donated materials to provide construction and remodeling services to qualified homeowners throughout Lee County. Builders Care is headquartered at the Lee BIA offices at 10501 Six Mile Cypress Pkwy., Suite 104 in Fort Myers. Donations can be made online at www.LeeBuildersCare.org, or to the Builders Care general fund at BB&T Page Field branch at 4959 South Cleveland Ave. in Fort Myers. More information is available by calling 239-938-0056.