Conservancy of Southwest Florida is offering fun and educational experiences for guests to enjoy this summer at the Conservancy Nature Center. From daily education programs to free admission days to an informative speaker series, a variety of activities and programs are available throughout the summer for guests of all ages.
Daily education programs
Daily education programs will be led by Conservancy representatives, allowing guests to come face-to-face with native reptiles, ocean creatures, and occasionally catch a glimpse of rehabilitating wildlife while discovering how the Conservancy works to protect the future of Southwest Florida’s water, land and wildlife. Daily programs at the Conservancy Nature Center are available now through Oct. 31, featuring Reptile Roundup at 11:15 a.m., Wildlife 101 at 12:15 p.m. and Ocean Discoveries at 1:15 p.m.
Family Fun Days
Families will celebrate Florida’s unique habitats and wildlife at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, featuring exclusive live animal encounters, games, crafts and more on select Saturdays to educate and raise awareness about Southwest Florida’s array of wildlife. Admission on Family Fun Days is free for children with a paying adult. Topics include:
- Outstanding Oceans – June 17
- Sensational Snakes – July 15
- Honeybee Hoopla – August 19
To beat the summer heat, guests can cool off inside the Jeannie Meg Smith Theater at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida on select Saturdays and watch a nature-themed film. Movies are included for guests with admission to the Conservancy Nature Center. The summer line-up includes:
- Earth – June 10, 11 a.m., 2 p.m.
- Oceans – July 8, 11 a.m., 2 p.m.
- Wings of Life – August 12, 11 a.m., 2 p.m.
Free Admission Days
The Conservancy of Southwest Florida is celebrating special holidays this summer by offering the honoree complimentary admission when accompanied by a paying guest. Free Admission Days include:
- Memorial Day – Thursday, May 25 – Saturday, May 27 & Mon., May 29: Free admission for current and retired military with valid ID
- Father’s Day – Thursday, June 15 – Saturday, June 17: Free admission for dads when accompanied by another paid adult and child
- Independence Day – Monday, July 3 and Wednesday, July 5: Free admission for current and retired military with valid ID
- Labor Day – Thursday, Aug. 31 – Saturday, Sept. 2: Free admission for first responders and current and retired military with valid ID
- National Grandparents Day – Thursday, Sept. 7 – Saturday, Sept. 9: Free admission for grandparents when accompanied by another paid adult and child
In addition to the Conservancy of Southwest Florida’s summer-long programs and activities, a special offer is also available to Florida residents. Every day during the months of June and July, children will receive free admission to the Conservancy Nature Center. This special offer is limited to up to four children per one paying adult, and cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
Evenings at the Conservancy
An environmental education lecture series will also be offered throughout the summer months. Programs are free to Conservancy members or $10 for non-members. Seating is limited, and Evenings at the Conservancy events often sell out. To attend, pre-register by contacting Sophia Navarra by emailing SophiaN@conservancy.org or calling 239-403-4207. Upcoming lectures include:
- Wildlife Rehabilitation – June 13, 6:30 p.m., featuring Joanna Fitzgerald, director of the von Arx Wildlife Hospital.
- Smart Growth in Collier County – July 11, 6:30 p.m., presented by Nicole Johnson, policy director for the Conservancy of Southwest Florida.
Opportunities are also available for self-guided exploration, including the Dalton Discovery Center, exhibits at the von Arx Wildlife Animal Hospital, and the Little Explorer Play Zone. Electric boat tours are offered between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., as well as guided kayak tours. Little Explorers Pre-K programs are also offered at 10 a.m. on select Thursdays and Saturdays for children 5 and under.
The Conservancy Nature Center is open Monday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Admission is $12.95 for adults, $8.95 for kids and free for children 2 and younger. Admission is also free for Conservancy members. Membership is available online at www.Conservancy.org/Join.
All Conservancy Nature Center programs and events are online at www.Conservancy.org/Nature-Center. For information about the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, and to make reservations, call 239-262-0304 or visit www.Conservancy.org.
About the Conservancy of Southwest Florida:
The Conservancy of Southwest Florida is a not-for-profit environmental protection organization with a 50 year history focused on the issues impacting the water, land wildlife and future of Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. The Conservancy accomplishes this mission through the combined efforts of its experts in the areas of environmental science, policy, education and wildlife rehabilitation. The Conservancy of Southwest Florida, world-class Nature Center and von Arx Wildlife Hospital are headquartered in Naples, Florida, 1495 Smith Preserve Way, south of the Naples Zoo off Goodlette-Frank Road. Learn more about the Conservancy’s work and how to support the quality of life in Southwest Florida www.conservancy.org.