Fort Myers Brewing Company will host its 7th annual Oktoberfest, a four-day family-friendly event that includes craft beer, German food, live music and a first for the popular brewery – a Wiener Dog Race.
Oktoberfest will be held Thursday, Oct. 3 through Sunday, Oct. 6 at Fort Myers Brewing Company, 12811 Commerce Lakes Drive, Suite 28, in Fort Myers.
Ten different food trucks will be serving their specialty dishes and foodie features over the four-day event, and six local bands and musicians are scheduled to entertain the crowd.
After ramping up for the first two days, Oktoberfest’s main event is Oct. 5 when Fort Myers Brewing features more than 50 craft beers on tap, rolling out new brews periodically throughout the day. The brewery will also host several Stein Hoisting Competitions, a traditional Bavarian endurance contest in which participants must hold a full stein in their outstretched arm as long as possible without spilling any beer.
Then on Oct. 6, Fort Myers Brewing will host its inaugural Wiener Dog Race in which dachshunds will race to the finish line for a prize. Dogs of all breeds can also compete in a Fun Run immediately after the Wiener Dog Race.
Below is the full schedule of events:
Thursday, Oct. 3
- Event hours: 3-11 p.m.
- Music: Neon Summer (7-10 p.m.)
- Food Trucks: The Nosh Truck, Currywurst, The Schnitzel Express, Dave’s Cosmic Subs and Rollin’ Raw Bar
Friday, Oct. 4
- Event hours: 3-11 p.m.
- Music: Soulixer (6:30-10:30 p.m.)
- Food Trucks: Currywurst, The Schnitzel Express, Wicked Streatery and The Sizzle Truck
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Event hours: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Stein hoisting competition (various times throughout the day)
- Music: Freecoasters (1-5 p.m.), The Ben Allen Band (6-10 p.m.) and DJ Memphis (on air throughout the day)
- Food Trucks: The Nosh Truck, Currywurst, The Schnitzel Express, Fine Folk Pizza and Mobstah Lobstah
Sunday, Oct. 6
- Event times: Noon to 8 p.m.
- Kick the Keg Party (all day)
- Wiener Dog Races (time to be posted on Facebook)
- Music: Charlie Moon Band (2-6 p.m.)
- Food Trucks: Currywurst, The Schnitzel Express and King’s Tacos & Burritos
For more information, please visit Facebook.com/FMBrew or call 239-313-6576.
About Fort Myers Brewing Company
Established in 2013, Fort Myers Brewing Company was the first microbrewery to open in Lee County and continues to lead Southwest Florida’s surging craft beer movement. Founded by Rob and Jen Whyte, Fort Myers Brewing carries a signature line of flagship beers in addition to seasonal brews and small batch specialties. Its ales, pilsners, stouts and IPAs are winners of multiple prestigious awards, including golds at the Best Florida Beer Competition and a silver at the 2018 World Beer Cup. Fort Myers Brewing was named “Best Large Brewery in Florida” in 2016. The brewery is located at 12811 Commerce Lakes Drive, Suite 28, in Fort Myers. For more information, visit FMbrew.com or call 239-313-6576.