GMA Architects & Planners won four prestigious “Best Architectural Project” awards for innovative design concepts showcasing exceptional artistry and functionality.
Each year, the Lee Building Industry Association recognizes excellence in the commercial building industry through the highly competitive Summit Awards. GMA Architects won “Best Architectural Project” awards for the following categories:
- Best Build Out & Tenant In-Fills 0-$1.9 million: Avalon Dental’s newest office was a tenant improvement in an existing building on the HealthPark Commons campus in south Fort Myers. The 2,950-sqaure-foot space features five high-tech operatory rooms with room to add a sixth in the future. Dental chairs are placed to provide pleasant views of lushly landscaped exterior gardens.
- Best Office & Retail 0-$1.9 million: Enterprise Rent-A-Car Sales Center in Fort Myers is bathed in natural light with glass cubicle enclosures at the front and floor to ceiling glazed aluminum walls and doors for interior private offices. The 6,100-square-foot sales center features boldly colored composite aluminum panels and aluminum sunshades.
- Best Office & Mixed Use $2-$4.9 million: Stock Plaza was built in phases and provides nearly 65,000 square feet of mixed retail, office, medical and restaurant space on five acres in Naples at the entrance to Lely Resort. The two-story central building is occupied by NCH Health System. The five buildings are designed to create a streetscape effect.
- Best Public Works 0-1.9 million: Bonita Springs Fire Station 23 for the Bonita Springs Fire Control & Rescue District is the fourth adaptation of a highly successful prototype originally designed by GMA in 2005. The station replaces an outdated existing station. Changes made to the 7,325-square-foot station mirrored the original building footprint, so site elements and paving were reused to reduce site costs. Home to nine full-time personnel, the station provides a homelike residential feel.
- Since 2006, GMA Architects has won 31 Summit Awards for superior design work on notable commercial facilities in Lee County, including Center for the Arts of Bonita Springs, Scanlon Acura, Pediatric Dentistry of Fort Myers, Chico’s, Harlem Heights Cultural Center, FineMark National Bank, Colonial Bank and others.
About GMA Architects & Planners
Since 1981, GMA Architects has been Southwest Florida’s leading architectural design firm. Earning recognition from the American Institute of Architects-Florida Southwest, Florida Home Builders Association and the Lee Building Industry Association, the firm has provided award-winning architectural and interior design services for a broad range of clients in the public and private sectors, including several leading area developers. For more information, call 239-275-0225 or visit www.GMAarchitect.com.