The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce announces a schedule of brewery events and beer releases for the second annual SWFL Craft Beer Week on Sept. 1-5.
A weeklong event celebrating Southwest Florida’s brewing scene, SWFL Craft Beer Week begins with a kickoff party at HeadPinz Fort Myers on Thursday, Sept. 1, where attendees can pick up VIP passes and enjoy a sample beer tasting from local breweries, light bites and prize drawings. VIP tickets are $100 and include access to exclusive offerings at select breweries throughout the week, while tickets for the kickoff event only are $45.
Over a dozen events are taking place at participating breweries including Coastal Dayz Brewery, Crazy Dingo Brewing, Eight-Foot Brewing, Fort Myers Brewing, Millennial Brewing, Palm City Brewing, Point Ybel Brewing, Riptide Brewing and The Tubby Pig Brewpub. The full schedule is available at SWFLCraftBeerWeek.com, with highlights including:
Thursday, Sept. 1
- Beers, Bowling & Bites, a ticketed kickoff event at HeadPinz Fort Myers, featuring bowling, food and a chance to meet and sample beers from participating breweries.
- Food Truck Rally at Fort Myers Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring specialty beer releases of Nitro Oatmeal Stout and Noire Nombre, music by Briz & Lady and food from Cositas Gourmet, The Nosh Truck and Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza.
Friday, Sept. 2
- Specialty beer release at Fort Myers Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring a new Shandy, music by Ben Allen Band and food from Don’t Give Up, Wicked Streatery and King’s Tacos & Burritos.
- Reggae Night at Coastal Dayz Brewery in Fort Myers, featuring a special tapping of Dank IPA, reggae music by Nostaljah and Jamaican food from The Hummingbird Table.
Saturday, Sept. 3
- College Football Tailgate at Crazy Dingo Brewing in Fort Myers, celebrating the start of college football season with guest taps from Florida college town breweries, food, tailgate games and a special release of Week 1 Pale Wheat. Wear your favorite college colors for $1 off your first beer.
- Hazy Day Tap Takeover at Palm City Brewing in Fort Myers, an entire day dedicated to the New England Style IPA, featuring signature brews from across the state.
- Specialty beer releases at Fort Myers Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring Watermelon Shandy and Bubblin’ Crude on tap, music by James Prather and food from South Pizza Co. and Wicked Streatery. A specially ticketed Then to Now: Tour & Tasting is offered for $25 plus gratuity.
- Drink Around the World Street Fest at Millennial Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring eight light beer releases, 10 local food trucks representing food from 10 countries, bounce houses, archery, axe throwing, face painting and more.
- Specialty beer release at Coastal Dayz Brewery in Fort Myers, featuring a tapping of a new Rum Porter and music by Max Herrick.
- Pirate Party at Eight-Foot Brewing in Cape Coral, featuring craft beer, pirate shenanigans, a pirate costume contest, music by Hot Buttered Nuggets and food by La Bamba Mexican Grill.
Sunday, Sept. 4
- Cool & Crispy Fest at Point Ybel Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring an outdoor oasis, crispy beer, axe throwing, food trucks, music by Jeff Lyons and The Lonesome Rangers Bluegrass, and releases of Tactical Brewing Collab, Zillicoah Collab, Barriehaus Collab, Cool & Crispy Smoked Helles, Snook Light, Boot Bier Pils and Sanibel Light.
- Beer & Chocolate Pairing at Fort Myers Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring a limited-edition beer and chocolate pairing of four specialty brews paired with four Norman Love Confections chocolates for $30, as well as music by Ralph Curtis and food from MAD Brunch.
- Cornhole Tournament at Riptide Brewing in Bonita Springs, featuring a friendly yet competitive cornhole tournament.
- Music Bingo at Coastal Dayz Brewery in Fort Myers, featuring a special beer release of Coffee Vanilla Brown Ale, music by Tim Heard and Music Bingo for a chance to win free beer.
Monday, Sept. 5
- Flights & Bites at Fort Myers Brewing in Fort Myers, featuring a special flights and bites pairing with Don’t Give Up food truck for $15, music by Elisabeth Werries and special releases of Blood Orange Gose, Churro Stout and Kick the Kegs.
- Hazy Fest at Coastal Dayz Brewery in Fort Myers, featuring a one-day-only release of four new hazy IPAs.
For out-of-town guests, Crowne Plaza Fort Myers offers a special hotel room rate of $115 per night, including breakfast daily, a complimentary drink at the in-hotel restaurant Shoeless Joe’s Sports Café and roundtrip transportation to select breweries on Sept. 3. Luminary Hotel is offering a special rate of $179 per night with a king-sized bed. Guests must request the SWFL Craft Beer Fest group rate when booking.
SWFL Craft Beer Week is sponsored by Bubba’s Roadhouse & Saloon, Coca-Cola Beverages, Crowne Plaza Fort Myers, Florida Heart Associates, Fort Myers Brewing Company, Fort Myers – Islands, Beaches & Neighborhoods, HeadPinz, Key West Express, Luminary Hotel, Scotlynn USA Division and Solomon & Hoover CPAs. Additional sponsorship opportunities are still available.
To learn more about SWFL Craft Beer Week, visit SWFLCraftBeerWeek.com or call 239-332-2930.
About the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce:
Serving Lee County and surrounding areas since 1989, the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a business organization of professionals who support and promote a progressive, sustainable community. The Chamber represents over 725 businesses, professionals, and individuals throughout Lee County, providing opportunities for members to participate in a variety of meaningful networking, educational and community- and business-focused programs and events. The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is located at 2310 Edwards Drive in downtown Fort Myers. For additional information regarding membership opportunities or events please call 239-332-2930 or visit www.fortmyers.org. For the latest news and updates, follow the Chamber on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gfmcc.