The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Foundation is hosting a Summertime Backyard BBQ Craft Beer Dinner fundraiser with Palm City Brewing on Thursday, Aug. 12 at the Crowne Plaza in Fort Myers.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Foundation’s efforts to enhance education and professional development at a variety of levels as well as provide grants for students, educators and educational institutions. Throughout its history, the Foundation has contributed over $600,000 to benefit scholastic programs and initiatives across Southwest Florida.
During the indoor craft beer dinner, Palm City Brewing has teamed up with Crowne Plaza’s culinary team to create a pairing of handcrafted brews with a five-course dinner menu, which includes:
- Cocktail Hour: Charcuterie board of domestic and international cheeses with sliced watermelon, paired with a Hazify (hazy IPA)
- Summer Salad: Spring mix with arugula, macadamia nut-encrusted goat cheese, sliced strawberries, red onion and balsamic vinaigrette, paired with a San Carlos Proper (golden ale)
- Appetizer: Fried green tomato with shrimp and a remoulade sauce, paired with a Flow (sunshine wheat)
- Entrée: Bone-in New York strip steak with garlic butter, corn on the cob and roasted tri-colored potatoes, paired with a Last Laugh (American IPA)
- Dessert: Layered berry angel food cake, paired with a GB Porter (coffee porter)
The Summertime Backyard BBQ Craft Beer Dinner will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 12 at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower, 13051 Bell Tower Drive in Fort Myers. The event is sponsored by Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower, Palm City Brewing and J.J. Taylor.
Tickets to attend are available for $75 per person and $700 per table, which seats a party of eight. Advance registration is required. For more information and to register, visit FortMyers.org or call 239-332-2930.
About the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce:
Serving Lee County and surrounding areas since 1989, the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a business organization of professionals who support and promote a progressive, sustainable community. The Chamber represents over 750 businesses, professionals, and individuals throughout Lee County, providing opportunities for members to participate in a variety of meaningful networking, educational and community- and business-focused programs and events. The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is located at 2310 Edwards Drive in downtown Fort Myers. For additional information regarding membership opportunities or events please call 239-332-2930 or visit www.fortmyers.org. For the latest news and updates, follow the Chamber on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gfmcc or Twitter at @FtMyersChamber.