The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce has announced its inaugural Chamber Awards, recognizing members for their outstanding contributions to the greater Fort Myers community, taking place at Pelican Preserve Golf Club on Thursday, Aug. 11.
The program will feature an award ceremony and gourmet dinner to honor finalists and name honorees for their impact. The ceremony will be followed by an installation ceremony for the Chamber’s 2022 board of directors. Guests will enjoy an evening of surprises including a cash bar reception, 144 envelope prizes and a dessert dash.
Nominations for the awards program are now open through 5 p.m. on Friday, July 8 at FortMyers.org. Chamber members will be awarded in the following categories:
- Small Business of the Year: Recognizes a for-profit company with less than 25 employees for community leadership, exemplary business practices, innovation and creativity in business, and commitment to employee support and development. The company must be established locally for the last three years.
- Large Business of the Year: Recognizes a for-profit company with more than 25 employees for community leadership, exemplary business practices, innovation and creativity in business, and commitment to employee support and development. The company must be established locally for the last three years.
- Community Impact Award: Recognizes an individual who has made a significant impact within the community and profession throughout their career, either through leadership of their organization’s charitable efforts or through personal efforts.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Recognizes an individual who has made a mark in their field and led the way for other industry players to follow through demonstrated leadership within the profession and business community, significant business achievements and innovative products or services.
- Nonprofit Excellence Award: Recognizes a 501(c)3 or 501(c)6 nonprofit organization that makes a positive impact within the community through unique, impactful programs and services that create change within the communities it serves.
- Young Professional of the Year: Recognizes a young professional between the ages of 21 and 40 as of Aug. 1 who has emerged as a business leader and demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their career and community.
The inaugural Chamber Awards and board installation will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 11 at the Pelican Preserve Golf Club, located at 9802 Pelican Preserve Blvd. in Fort Myers. Registration for the Chamber Awards are $60 for individual seating and $110 for couples seating.
About the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce:
Serving Lee County and surrounding areas since 1989, the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a business organization of professionals who support and promote a progressive, sustainable community. The Chamber represents over 725 businesses, professionals, and individuals throughout Lee County, providing opportunities for members to participate in a variety of meaningful networking, educational and community- and business-focused programs and events. The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce is located at 2310 Edwards Drive in downtown Fort Myers. For additional information regarding membership opportunities or events please call 239-332-2930 or visit www.fortmyers.org. For the latest news and updates, follow the Chamber on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gfmcc.