Pace Center for Girls, Lee County will host its first Love That Dress! Virtual Holiday Auction on Dec. 7-11, offering an expansive selection of high-end packages, products and experiences up for bid to support Pace programs.
Each year, generous donors provide dozens of silent auction packages to feature at Pace’s Love That Dress! shopping extravaganza. Although this year’s shopping event was postponed until 2021, Pace is opening the array of auction items up for bid in time for the holiday season, offering holiday gifting opportunities that also help support an important cause.
A sampling of the items up for bid includes:
- An island staycation for up to eight people with four days and three nights in a private home on North Captiva Island.
- A private in-home wine sampling experience for up to 12 people from PRP Wine International, along with a bottle of red wine and custom hand towels.
- A portrait session with Bradford Photography in New York or Palm Beach, a 20-inch wall portrait on canvas and a one-night stay at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester or the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa.
- A round of golf for four at Talis Park, four tickets to Night Lights in the Garden at Naples Botanical Garden, four $25 gift cards to Bonefish Grill and a gently loved Lily Pulitzer dress.
- Family fun featuring four certificates to Jungle Golf, a tour of the Historic Burroughs Home, a one-year family membership to the IMAG History & Science Center, four single kayak rentals from Kayaks2U, and gifts and gift certificates from Love Boat Ice Cream and Dave & Buster’s.
Bidding for the Virtual Holiday Auction opens at 8 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 7 and closes at 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 11. The community can pre-register for bidding and receive sneak previews at Shop4TheGirls.GiveSmart.com or text “Shop4TheGirls” to 76278 for exclusive updates when new items are available.
Proceeds from the auction will support Pace Center for Girls, Lee County in providing strength-based, gender-specific academic programs and counseling services that guide Pace girls in finding their voice and achieving their potential. Since its inception, Pace has helped more than 800 at-promise girls and young women in Lee County find the path to success despite the odds. After leaving Pace, 88% of students improved their academic performance, 96% had no involvement with the juvenile justice system within one year of exiting the program and 95% were either in school or gainfully employed.
For more information, visit Shop4TheGirls.GiveSmart.com or call 239-425-2366.
About Pace Center for Girls, Lee County
Since 2007, Pace Center for Girls, Lee County has been providing girls and young women an opportunity for a better future through education, counseling, training and advocacy. The gender-specific, strength-based program is one of 21 Centers throughout Florida, and is known throughout the nation as a best practices model for diverting girls from the juvenile justice system. Pace is a registered not-for-profit organization that relies on the support of individuals, businesses, civic/community organizations and churches in Lee County in order to serve girls and their families. Since its inception, Pace Center for Girls, Lee County has served more than 650 at-promise girls and young women, believing each one deserves an opportunity to find her voice, achieve her potential and celebrate a life defined by responsibility, dignity, serenity and grace. For more information on Pace Center for Girls, Lee County, call 239-425-2366 or visit www.pacecenter.org/locations/lee.