Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties wants to keep Southwest Florida families safe by providing new information to inform the public of the latest product recalls. These items include toys, clothing, furniture and other children’s products that have been determined by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to pose a risk of injury or death to the consumer. The CPSC investigates products that carry a potential fire, chemical, electrical or mechanical hazard or can injure children.
During the month of December, the following products were recalled:
• Halloween Projection flashlights recalled by Nygala Corporation due to fire and burn hazards
• Toys Distribution Inc. recalled rattles due to choking hazard
• Target recalled Circo Children’s Travel Cases due to violation of lead paint standard
• Bugaboo Bee Strollers recalled by Bugaboo Americas due to fall hazard
• Bugaboo Car Seat Adapter recalled due to fall hazard
• BRP recalls ATV’s due to loss of control hazard
• Build-A-Bear recalls Colorful Hearts Teddy Bears due to choking hazard
• Children’s robes recalls by Hanna Andersson due to violation of the Federal Flammability Standard
• Petit Lem Children’s pajamas recalls due to violation of Federal Flammability Standard
• Navien recalls tankless water heaters due to risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
• Madeline Bed canopy recalled by Pottery Barn Kids due to impact hazard
“It’s important for parents to be aware of recalled products that may pose a risk to children so they can determine the proper recourse for removing, replacing or repairing these products to avoid the potential for injury,” says Rick Virdinlia, coordinator Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties. “Our mission is to keep kids safe and by keeping parents informed, we are helping to do that. With so many new gifts after the holidays, we want to remind parents to stay current on the latest recalls.”
For more information about any of the product recalls listed, please contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission directly at www.cpsc.gov. To find product recalls not specific to child injury, please visit www.recalls.gov.
Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties, whose lead organization is The Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida at Lee Memorial Health System, is part of Safe Kids USA and Safe Kids Worldwide, a global network of organizations whose mission is to prevent unintentional childhood injury, the leading cause of death and disability to children ages 1 to 14. More than 600 coalitions and chapters across the U.S. and the more than 20 member countries across the globe bring together health and safety experts, educators, corporations, foundations, governments and volunteers to educate and protect families. For more information visit www.SafeKidsLeeCollier.org.