A stay on a private island in Belize, an unforgettable tour through Sonoma Wine Country, a Texan ranch retreat… These are just a few of the 38 phenomenal offerings that will be up for bid during the Live Auction of the 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest on Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa in Bonita Springs.
SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc. has revealed its lineup of auction lot packages for the 2020 signature fundraising event, which supports the nonprofit’s mission to save children’s lives and advance pediatric health care across the region. Auction items are made possible through generous donations from friends of SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc., including trustees, donors and distinguished vintners. For a complete list of auction items, visit www.swflwinefest.org.
The international jetsetter can place their bid on a number of exceptional experiences around the globe:
- Escape to Belize. A private island getaway for 10, this vacation is a unique opportunity to experience the very essence of privacy and luxury – a four-night stay on the only private island in Belize. Exclusively available to one guest party, accommodations include three villas for a total of five suites in this tropical paradise.
- Magna on the Danube. This exquisite 12-day Danube River land and sea cruise entails a journey from Vilshofen, Germany to Budapest, Hungary for two people on the AmaMagna. The adventure includes three nights in Prague, a seven-night cruise through Germany and two nights in Budapest, Hungary.
- Italy Like You’ve Never Experienced It Before. This custom culinary trip offers face-to-face experiences with the most acclaimed winemakers, cheesemakers, food artisans, and Michelin-star chefs in northern Italy. Two guests will enjoy six nights at the Venica & Venica Wine Resort in the Collio wine region of Friuli and travel the countryside on a culinary tour.
A selection of domestic travel adventures awaits those who wish to stay close to home:
- The Ultimate Colorado Ski Trip of your Choice. Bidders will vie for an opportunity to indulge in a luxurious winter skiing trip for six guests to one of two fabulous Colorado destinations: the charm-filled mountain village of Beaver Creek or the upscale resort city of Aspen.
- North to the Stars and Alaska! Three couples or a family will enjoy a six-night stay on the highly customized 72’ Irwin Sailing yacht, Gypsy Wind, leaving from Juneau, Alaska, then sailing through Southeast Alaska, choosing from one of three extraordinary itineraries.
- Couples’ Ranch Retreat. Two couples will have the opportunity to indulge in the comforts of an unparalleled resort retreat in the serene country hill setting of Sonora, Texas, at the JL Bar Ranch, Resort & Spa with private air travel by Jet It. Experience horseback riding, shooting and ATVs and a private wine tasting and cuisine experience with a certified Sommelier.
Wine enthusiasts can toast to the many wine-filled experiences up for bid:
- Truth & Terroir in Sonoma. On a wine lovers adventure in picturesque Sonoma County, two couples will experience dramatic vineyard sites, including a rare 100-point Vérité wine tasting on the beautiful Vérité Winery estate grounds, exquisite cuisine at the three-star Michelin restaurant Single Thread Farms and a wine excursion to the top of one of Sonoma’s mountain vineyards.
- Wine & Dine in Oregon’s Wine Country. This trip to Portland’s Willamette Valley for two people will explore three wineries with a personal Certified Sommelier and indulge on wonderfully aged wine and exquisitely prepared cuisine. Then guests will have a very special seven-course tasting at the prestigious Le Pigeon, opened by two-time James Beard Award-winning Chef Gabriel Rucker.
Multiple once-in-a-lifetime experiences await the avid sports lover:
- Live Like a Celebrity at The Century! Held on the shores of Lake Tahoe, The American Century Celebrity Golf Championship is an exclusive sporting event. This premium package includes a five-night, six-day stay in a lakeview Tahoe King room at The Lodge at Edgewood Tahoe from July 8-13 with two tournament passes allowing for daily VIP access to the greens to watch the rounds.
- Your City, Your Sport, Your Way. The highest bidder will pick their favorite title town and be on their way to Boston, Chicago or Philadelphia to see their favorite team with three friends. The ultimate sports getaway includes two rooms for three nights at The Ritz-Carlton in the winner’s chosen city and four premium tickets for the regular-season MLB, NHL, NBA or NFL game of their choice.
Bidders can also “Pass the Hat” for a chance to claim all of its contents during the Live Auction. A popular lot featuring items gifted by the auction-goers themselves, those with the winning bid have been known to find anything from exclusive experiences to stunning jewelry. As the list continues to grow, this year’s selection includes a private cooking class, a four-course dinner and wine pairing and much more.
Celebrating its 12th year, the 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest will take place Feb. 21-22, 2020. The two-day signature event, themed “Painting a Difference: Putting Kids First,” will feature Chef Vintner Dinners on Friday, Feb. 21, creatively hosted in private luxury venues across the region, followed The Grand Tasting and Live Auction on Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa in Bonita Springs. Each day, guests will experience artful cuisine created by celebrated chefs and expertly paired with vintners from some of the finest and most exclusive wineries.
Funds raised at the auction will support SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc. in helping enable a secure future for the children of Southwest Florida. Proceeds will benefit pediatric health care services at Golisano Children’s Hospital, as well as pediatric health care educational programs at Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida SouthWestern State College.
To learn more about the 2020 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest, please visit www.swflwinefest.org.
About SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc.
SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc.’s annual signature fundraiser, the Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest, has donated nearly $23 million over the past 11 years in support of children’s health initiatives. The 2020 event will support pediatric health care services at Golisano Children’s Hospital, as well as pediatric health care educational programs at Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida SouthWestern State College. For more information, visit www.swflwinefest.org.