SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc. has unveiled the 38 phenomenal offerings that will be up for bid during the 2018 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest’s Live Auction, taking place Saturday, March 3 at Quail West Golf and Country Club in Naples. Celebrating the signature fundraising event’s 10th year, the 2018 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest will present a selection of exclusive getaways, delectable wine and culinary offerings and once-in-a-lifetime experiences up for bid, with proceeds to support SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc.’s beneficiaries.
The auction items available during the 2018 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest are made possible through generous donations from friends of SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc., including trustees, donors and distinguished vintners, as well as through the travel services of Preferred Travel of Naples, Inc. For a complete list of auction items, visit www.swflwinefest.org.
A selection of trips are offered for the international travel enthusiast, including:
- an eight-day journey for two in Lapland, Finland enjoying outdoor adventures and four nights in a private log cabin with attached glass-domed igloo;
- a 13-day expedition for four to unearth the rich culture and history of India and Nepal; or
- a 12-day premium Tauck River Cruise for four, sailing from Amsterdam to Basel along two of Europe’s most famous and historical rivers, the Rhine and the Moselle.
Other auction-goers looking for an unforgettable experience close to home can raise their paddles on the many domestic journeys up for bid, including:
- an incredibly restored 1957 Oldsmobile Rocket 88, further enhanced by the pairing of a five-night Cuban adventure for eight, led by Havana-native, Chef Gloria Jordan of La Trattoria Café Napoli;
- an exclusive trip for two to watch the selection of the next American Idol, with accommodations at the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills, California; or
- a five-night glamping trip for four at Montana’s Paws Up Resort, to enjoy refined, rustic cuisine, breathtaking vistas and choice of more than 40 outdoor activities and excursions.
Wine connoisseurs can delight in an array of offerings, including:
- The Spire Collection experience, featuring an exclusive three-night Napa Valley journey for four at the stunning Lokoya Villa, VIP tastings, exceptional meals and a private helicopter tour;
- a five-night sojourn for six aboard the Bella Una, a 127-foot, tri-deck yacht owned by Mary Dewane and Joe Anderson of Benovia Winery, sailing from Newport, Rhode Island to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard; or
- a Napa Valley wine soiree in Southwest Florida with an exclusive in-home dinner for 10 by the chef and winemakers of Robert Mondavi Winery, a multi-course dinner expertly paired with a rare “Five Decades Tasting” from the magnificent library of Mondavi vintages.
Bidders will vie for The Perfect Score, a 13-bottle collection of wines earning the coveted 100-point rating from some of the world’s most influential and discriminating wine connoisseurs. Offerings include the Opus One Bordeaux Blend Napa Valley 2013, Sine Qua Non Touche Syrah 2012 and Clos Fourtet Saint-Emilion Bordeaux 2009.
A favorite lot among bidders, “Pass the Hat” will feature items from the auction-goers themselves. As the list continues to grow, this year’s selection so far includes:
- an overnight stay for two at El Dorado Hotel in Sonoma’s Wine Country with tours and tastings at Three Sticks at The Adobe among others;
- an afternoon sailing expedition for six aboard Offshore Sailing School’s 48-foot yacht followed by a gourmet wine dinner at Sails – one of Naples’ newest restaurants;
- a winery tour and barrel tasting for six at The Meeker Vineyard in Healdsburg, California;
- a photo session by award-winning photographer Megan DiPiero; and
- a private tour and tasting at Gargiulo Vineyards with two tickets to the “Oakville Sessions” members-only music festival.
The two-day 2018 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest includes private Chef Vintner Dinners on Friday, March 2 and The Grand Tasting and Live Auction on Saturday, March 3 at Quail West Golf and Country Club. To learn more, or to inquire about tickets to the 2018 event, visit the Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest website at www.swflwinefest.org.
SWFL Children’s Charities Inc.’s annual signature fundraiser, the Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest, has raised $18.7 million over the past nine years, making it one of the top-grossing wine fests in the country. The trustees and sponsors underwrite the event and the nonprofit, SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc., donates 100 percent of the auction proceeds to local beneficiaries. Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida is the most significant beneficiary of the event, which provides health services to children from Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. In addition, SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc. grants funds to Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida SouthWestern State College to provide scholarships and equipment to educate the community’s next generation of pediatric health care professionals. Ten percent of auction proceeds will also benefit four new beneficiaries including PACE Center for Girls of Lee County, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida, SalusCare, Inc. and The Heights Foundation. For more information, visit www.swflwinefest.org.